Saturday, November 29, 2008

a dose of humility...

I like surprises! Jeanine, not so much. This is one case in which I think the tables were turned. Jeanine's parents were here for Thanksgiving. Unexpected to both of us they came toting a late birthday/early Christmas present for Jeanine from her mom, dad, and brothers Tony and Dustin. It was a Nintendo Wii... Crazy unexpected gift, SO AWESOME, and Jeanine has been dreaming of one for weeks (ain't no way we could buy one - Thank you to Anne, Steve, Tony and Dustin!) The one game she wanted for it was the Wii Fit.

Of course, right then and there it had to come out of the box and we had to try it out (little kids and their toys, ya know). I some how got nominated and voted to go first...little did I know what was about to come. You have to hop up on this little platform (as seen in the picture), it senses your motion and allows for truly cool interactive games...but! Before you get to play the games you have to go through the setup of your charcter. That same cool motion sensing platform reads your center of balance, your BMI, your posture and your weight...That's right, all right in front of the in-law audience.

I'm guessing I needed to be humbled, but did it really have to say "ouch" when I stepped on, and flash the word "obese" when it measured my BMI... Oh yeah and my ideal weight = 157 = my 6th grade weight. Hate to think what it might say after a big 'ol Thanksgiving FEAST. I've been humbled, now the fit is in for fight! Let's go Wii :)

6 comments:

Jeanine said...

I think you're HOTT even post-Wii embarassment... and now I think you're super brave, too! :)

Eric said...

You are THE MAN! Don't let that Wii define you.

The LeRoys said...

Looking forward to trying that joker out real soon! You are the man Just!

The LeRoys said...

By the way, your wife called you 'HOTT' spelled with all
caps and two T's. Look out bro. Sounds like your studly ways are getting to her!

jeremiah said...

The incredible part is not only that i KNOW you were flashing that vintage "Night Moves" $25 smile the whole time to the in-laws, but that you posted this on the ol' blog for all to experience!
You brave(heart) bro, no question.
Miss you, ichat soon!

Anonymous said...

And this "in-law" missed the whole event because she had her nose stuffed into her daughter's computer the whole time...Darn, I miss all the fun stuff....