I just got home from "the story: a journey in the life of jesus". It's a Bible Study of this new church starting in Chapel Hill, NC down on Franklin Street. Check it out! We had some great discussion tonight about Jesus and His turning toward the cross in the last few days of His life. My pastor and my good friend Matt LeRoy brought a great time of teaching from the book of John. Matt is just an anointed and gifted teacher of the Word. It's an honor to get to work with this guy!
Anyone is welcome at "the story" that meets in the upstairs of McAlister's Deli on Franklin Street. Every Tuesday night at 7 we share a meal and dive into the life of Jesus. Come join us on a Tuesday night. Find out more at www.lovechapelhill.com
I've got some pictures from DC coming, not to mention this weekend is our annual whitewater race in Webster Springs, WV. Fun stuff...stay tuned!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Realizing it's been too long since I last posted let me just give you a few updates:
- In two weeks time we've been able to enjoy 30 degree snowy weather and 80 degree carolina skies.
- I've got a new temporary job working at the UNC School of Dentistry.
- Jeanine and I head down to Rose Hill, NC just about every other week where I get to do some preaching at Bethel Wesleyan Church.
- "The Story" our Tuesday night Bible Study down on Franklin street is in it's 7th week and it's going great!
- Dr. Jo Anne Lyon, General Superintendent of the Wesleyan Church and founder of World Hope came to visit Chapel Hill!
- Matt and I recently traveled to Oklahoma Wesleyan University and met some students who are going to come spend the summer as a part of the City on a Hill Project Team.
- We just returned from a great weekend of sharing the COAHP vision with Bagley Swamp Wesleyan Church in Hertford, NC. Many Thanks to James Spaugh!