Sunday, August 05, 2007

USNWC

Jeanine and I finally got the opportunity to meet up with my mom, Suzanne, and brother, Joseph to check out the new whitewater training facility in Charlotte. It was quite impressive. They do two hour raft trips just about all day every day and they have three different whitewater runs to choose from. They have multiple rock climbing walls and hiking and biking trails all over the place.

If I lived closer I could definitely learn to love this whitewater park. There is a lot of volume in a little area making the water a little pushy, and in constant motion. Just about every single eddy on the river is so strong that it actually has upstream flow to it. The rapids are really continuous. We really enjoyed exploring the park and watching all the rafts. The number of hard boaters was pretty low. We were able to demo some of the boats they have there, you just have to bring your own equipment. I think my favorite part was getting to ride the conveyor belt from the bottom pool to the top pool.

If you get the chance, definitely check this place out!

No comments: