Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Here goes...

...the beginning of another semester. I have to say the same old feeling of the first day of school still came back to me. It's like the first day of kindergarten all over again....ask my mom...it didn't go that well. Just not knowing where I'd sit and if I'd know anyone... Am I really prepared for this...can I make the grade?

Today, as some of those same old feeling came flowing back in I reluctantly went to my first class...but today, when I got there, there was something different. There was a comfort that replaced the reluctancy. As I walked toward my class there were faces and conversations that brought me to realize I was really in a place of community. In this place of graduate education the Holy Spirit dwells in the hearts of so many that what can cause fear and anxiety is filled with comfort in knowing that God has brought each of us this far and he'll see us through to the end.

Beginning my classes today I met student online who opened my eyes to how difficult conditions can be for students around the world. I admire the faith and dedication of anyone who follows the call to come to seminary, but today's story was beyond any I have heard yet. Please join in praying for a brother half way around the world that is making great sacrifices to follow God's call on his life by attending Asbury online in a place where books and the internet are hard to come by.

Please be in prayer for each person of the Asbury Community as we start another semester together! And, to my final semester...here goes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep on keeping on, Justin! Your faith is well placed in God, and we have faith in you!
Good luck, and God bless you! Enjoy this last semester!
Steve & Anne