Friday, February 08, 2008

The time has come...








...to face the thing called facebook. I have been resistant (to say the least) to joining facebook, mainly because I know the time I would want to put into it. There is so much being poured into facebook everyday by people all over the world, and it's worth like $2 billion (at least that's what's been offered for it). As I begin my final semester of seminary I'm still a little concerned about the amount of time it takes to keep up social networking online. I have a lot to learn (since I'm running a little behind on this one), but my wife is a good teacher. More than anything I'm seeing the value of facebook as a tool for communication and building relationships on a broader scale. I know friends whose ministries thrive from the connections made on facebook. So, as I enter this online community, I do it prayerfully and carefully. Here goes...

(P.S. don't worry, I'll still be posting here as usual)

1 comment:

jeremiah said...

yesss!
See you there brotha!
Just stay away from the minutia of applications that everyone will send you, except for me that is. Dont choose between pirate or ninja...they're both stupid. Forget about "the fun wall", the "superpoke" and anything else that might have sketchy connotations.
Jeanine will be a wise Facebook sage for sure...see you around!